Monday, October 5, 2009

Samsung PN50B550 Outstanding, as expected

This is my first HDTV, but I did spend a good couple months shopping around and studying up on my features, pros/cons, etc... First of all the picture is beautiful, but hey, that's to be expected. I love the ample HDMI ports, and as it turns out, the swivel stand ended up being a pretty awesome feature. Plasma is plasma, and there's no getting around the fact that you're going to have some reflective glare if there is a bright window or light behind you. So, in our livingroom at around 6pm when the sunlight is beaming in the side window, we just swivel that baby a little to the right and viola! No glare. I'm also a gamer and despite the fact that my 360 is an older model that uses component instead of HDMI, it still looks gorgeous. I'm dusting off old games that I haven't played in years and it's a whole new experience! I should also mention that I was concerned about the big plasma TV being hot. Some of the floor models I've seen almost turned me off of plasma because they let out noticible ambient heat. But I haven't noticed that at all with this set. Very happy. Help oth

No comments:

Post a Comment