Saturday, October 10, 2009

Samsung PN50B550 Great TV for the money!

I've been watching this for almost 20 days now and have only one issue; its already 100 bucks cheaper than I paid for it.
I've heard that the sound is not great on this set. I only use the TV speakers for watching regular TV and not blurays movies since I have a separate surround sound system, but it seems ok to me. I did have to mess with the graphics equalizer a little to get it to sound right, but on the virtual surround sound it is quite impressive.
For a while it looked like the color was running a little too red, but after about 1 week of watching it seemed to cool down a little. I don't know if that's normal or not, but the color and sharpness is just breath taking. I have a 32 inch HDTV in the family room and my wife wasn't too impressed with the bluray movies we watched on that, but she was mezmorized by the images on the 50 inch PN50B550 and so was I.
'Its almost like 3D' she kept saying over and over again. I just smiled. HDTV is really something now, I can't even imagine going to the family room to watch it anymore.
If you got a tight budget, and are eager to experience Hi Def, this is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment